Web GDE Deck ????
Inspired by River of news, but HTTPs only and a PWA.
Attempt to create a PWA that is a news reader that renders on the server and on the client using all the same templating and logic.
- Client logic in SW is now shared with the Server logic [done]
- Templating is done via streaming templates [done]
- Use WhatWG streams in node. [done]
- Need to clean up a lot. [errrr.....]
- Configuration file should really be an OPML file. [todo]
- Cache fetched data on the client and server [done]
- To render the client it still needs JS turned on. Investigate server
load of RSS feeds. [partially done]
- This is done in the SW, will use on Server soon.
If possible the server logic and the client logic should be near exactly the same.
Ideally configured via a OPML file that defines the columns, that links to other OPML files that contain the feeds that should be aggregrated in this.
- The UI should render the structure without JS. Ideally after this has been
rendered, I can stream in the first batch of aggreagated and merged feeds.
- The UI should then take over and update the feeds in the client as much as
- On reload, the server should not be hit at all, save for any updates to the
OPML file. In an ideal world, the SW would be doing the work.
We are going to have to proxy the RSS feed requests.
(6 months ago)