Deployer is an npm package to deploy to a remote server.
- deploy with ssh: connect to the server and run command from a script, good for running from client or build server.
- deploy with http: create get request with secret key to fire deploy process (preconfigure script run), to set up on the remote server.
- deploy with ftp: coming soon.
Used by me at devresources,
helping me to setup ci/cd with gitlab worker.
npm i -g remote-deployer
deployer -h //show help file
deployer ssh -h //show sub help file
- to support multi configuration, you need to make sure the default_id key in the config is not set. (you need to run the commands in the project folder)
- to support running deployer from anywhere but support only one configuration make sure default_id is set.
- on linux and mac, make sure the script as permission,
chmod +x script.sh
- get config file path:
deployer config path
- print config file:
deployer config all
- try running deployer in the project folder. (deployer will interact with git to save release date/data support ssh only)
- trigger example for deployer http:
- read the blog post.
- restore to last deployed commit and deploy.
- ftp deploy
(7 months ago)