Arrivals (for MacOS)
Arrivals will watch a directory and convert or copy a variety of incoming
audio or video files for you then place them somewhere you choose. This only
works with MacOS and the primary use-case is incoming torrents in flac or mkv
formats that you'd like to play nice in an Apple ecosystem.
Requires node.js 8.0.0 or greater!
- Watch many directories
- Register as launchdaemon
'flac', 'mp3', 'mp4', 'm4a' that are well-formed
- Can copy video & audio files to a destination directory
- Easy usage
- Status visibility through Finder tagging of source files
npm install arrivals-osx -g
Launch the installer to build your plist and start the launchdaemon.
$ arrivals install
Required system libraries
- node.js >= 8.0.0
Full command list
$ arrivals [command]
||Run the process directly, you'll want to set the env vars.
||Interactive install as a system daemon
How it works
- Launches watcher for a directory
- Builds existing paths database
- When events occur, evaluate against criterion
- is correct event
- is proper extension
- is not in existing paths db
- Push to work queue
- Add a Yellow "pending" tag for Finder
- Do work, either copy or convert
- Add a Green tag for "finished" or a Red tag for "error" in Finder
(a month ago)