Instagram web scarper for social post file(s) downloads.
- Separate Git branch to the master branch
- Separate fork to this repository
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
Requirements and/or Recommendations:
- Google Chrome browser
- Unix-style terminal and/or npm capable command-line
- Node Package Manager (NPM)
Before Using The CLI:
Install via NPM by running:
$ sudo npm i @applegamer22/social-scraper -g (Unix)
- Clone this repository by running
$ git clone https://github.com/AppleGamer22/Social-Scraper.git in your command-line.
$ npm install in the root directory of the downloaded copy.
$ scr auth --<instagram or vsco>.
- A Chromium broswer will be opened at https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/.
- Sign-in to your Instagram account.
- Your Instagram credentials will be securely saved in the CLI's private Chromium instance.
- After a successful Instagram authentication, Chromium will be closed.
Using The CLI:
$ scr <instagram or vsco> post_id in you command line.
- Wait until the program says:
Please Make Sure That:
- The correct Instagram credentials are entered when using the auth command.
How Does It Work?
- The user puts Instagram/VSCO credentials ahead of post scraping.
- The Chromium bot will remember the credentials entered the login form of the selected social network.
- The user specifies the social network and the desired post ID.
- The Chromium bot browser is opened.
- Puppeteer navigates to the post.
- Puppeteer loads all available files and their URLs.
- The CLI downloads the files to the current codebase directory.
- The bot browser is closed.
- The command is terminated by the Node.js runtime.